The Front Porch

Promoting some old-fashioned hospitality and neighborly banter in Morrison Ranch

Tuesday, August 30, 2005

Rejected!

Yes, once again I find myself rejected by the defense attorney in a jury selection process. I assured him and the judge and the attorney for the state that I could be fair; when asked how I felt about the testimony of the arresting officer, I replied that I would give it as much credence as any other testimony. But I wasn't convincing enough, I guess. My sister (who was a cop in a life before children) says I would be a great juror. Maybe, but I don't think I'll ever have the chance to try it out. Isn't it ironic: I know so many people for whom jury duty is a true hardship, and here I am willing and able and can't get selected. And yes, the very pleasant bailiff assured me that they once even had a cop selected to a jury!

At any rate, I made it back to the office in time for the best part of the day, lunch with my office mates. And then The First Cousin and I headed out to look at wallpaper, and if you can believe it, we found just the thing we were looking for! We brought the samples back to the office, and I think they are going to work very nicely. So the day ended on a much brighter note.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home