The Front Porch

Promoting some old-fashioned hospitality and neighborly banter in Morrison Ranch

Monday, August 29, 2005

I Love Arizona!

Like everyone else, I've been watching the Hurricane Katrina coverage fairly nonstop for the last day. Doesn't it make 112 degrees seem like a blister on your toe compared to the massive amputations of a major hurricane? I don't really know anyone who lives in New Orleans (although Frank and Suzohn's extended family live there), but it isn't just New Orleans getting smashed anyway. Our godson and his wife live in Pensacola Florida, and our last word from them was that they were boarding up their house and riding it out. He trains folks how to survive for the Air Force, so I trust his judgment in such issues.

If you want some firsthand stories about what's happening, here are a few links to some blogs that are being updated frequently:

Brendan Loy in Louisiana
Metroblogging New Orleans
Miles O'Brien, CNN

I woke up several times last night and found myself praying for all the folks that are in Katrina's path. I was thankful to wake up to the news that it had downgraded to a Category 4 storm just before hitting New Orleans. There is still plenty to pray for, and will be plenty to clean up after it passes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home