The Front Porch

Promoting some old-fashioned hospitality and neighborly banter in Morrison Ranch

Wednesday, October 11, 2006

I Surrender

Someone once said something like "never pick a fight with someone who buys ink by the barrel." (I actually tried to find the original source of that quote and failed, even with all the powers of Google and the internet; a Lane Kirkland was credited on one site, but I don't trust it as the original. But I know you've heard the quote.) In the age of the computer, the quote might refer to pixels instead of ink.

Whatever. I give up. Both local newspapers rehash the same old topic with the same old tsk-tsking and the same old head-shaking: Home sales are down, prices are down. Sellers are discouraged, especially those who bought homes as investments. All hope is lost.

Their mind is made up, and I can't change it; so I'm going to ignore it. I refuse to read their thoughts on the housing market anymore.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home