The Front Porch

Promoting some old-fashioned hospitality and neighborly banter in Morrison Ranch

Friday, October 06, 2006

Fall is Here

Yesterday saw a trace of rain sprinkled in with a whole lot of wind, but by the evening, the weather was perfect. I was outside grilling, and I heard the clank of an aluminum bat on a ball, and some young voices interspersed with adult voices. We have a viewing deck (one of our friends named it our hailing wall, because The Mister likes to hail the neighbors as they walk by) that looks out over the greenbelt on the western edge of Higley Groves West. This was my view from that deck last evening:



I really enjoyed watching the girls practice their softball techniques; I enjoyed listening to the banter and joking from the parents as they sat in their lawn chairs to the left. I looked to the right to see another group of small fry setting up a soccer goal and cones, and starting their practice. And I was grateful once again to see the outworking of a vision; it warmed my heart.

Of course my meat and vegetables were getting overdone on the grill (The Mister doesn't grill, and I don't either, at least not very well; but I keep trying), so I turned back to the view in my own Sherwood Forest:



My newlywed daughter always teases me about commenting on the soothing beauty of our back yard, but I just can't help it.

Softball, rye grass, cool weather, and grilling. Yep, fall is here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home