The Front Porch

Promoting some old-fashioned hospitality and neighborly banter in Morrison Ranch

Friday, September 29, 2006

In Case You Were Curious...

Things I learned in my class today:

1) It is possible to divide one's attention pretty much evenly between a speaker and a ream of Sudoku puzzles. (the guy to my left)

2)If it is impossible to stay awake, just abandon all pretense by early afternoon; lean back, fold your arms, close your eyes, and dream. (the guy to my right)

3) It appears that the older the man (not true of women, in my small sample), the larger his ears. (My efforts to stay awake and focused, by checking out my colleagues)

4) Accountants usually live up to their stereotype; our speaker alloted us one extra break, but insisted that each break consume only 7 and a half minutes.

5) Our tax law is really out of control. If I, with my years of education, training and experience, find it difficult to grasp the minutiae of requirements to properly complete a tax return, how can any taxpayer cope? My solution to the problems with basis is to only invest in companies that are profitable.

But I completed my continuing education requirements, by golly; I stayed to the very end.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home