The Front Porch

Promoting some old-fashioned hospitality and neighborly banter in Morrison Ranch

Monday, July 03, 2006

Slow News Day

I’ve been talking to The Mister every day to keep up to the minute on Morrison Ranch news, but frankly, this is a holiday weekend, and there isn’t a whole lot going on. He noticed that Albertson’s now has 60% off signs displayed, and yesterday they had folks walking out in front with those signs, which makes him think the closing is soon, but we don’t really know.

Of course, the reason I’m trying to get his input is because I can’t get my own, since I am currently en route with my oldest daughter to Seattle, where she will be starting grad school in the fall. We have driven 1465 miles so far and are on our last leg into town; we are ready to be out of a car for a while!

People tell me that the northwest is cloudy all the time and you never see the sun, but I haven’t yet experienced that. We’ve driven in full sun and abnormally high temperatures all the way. Yesterday we saw Mount Shasta, Mount Hood, and Mount St. Helens all in one day, framed by spectacularly blue skies. And today we added Mount Ranier to our repertoire… Here’s our best shot of Mount Shasta as we sped along the freeway (in case The Mister is reading this, I mean “sped” in a loose sense of the word):




But really, the moment I know something of interest about Morrison Ranch, I'll pass it on.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home