The Front Porch

Promoting some old-fashioned hospitality and neighborly banter in Morrison Ranch

Thursday, June 15, 2006

By Any Other Name...



This might be called "a short black fence" if you weren't familiar with the development language. At least that's what I called it when I asked the Mister about it. I first saw them around Highland Groves, and then when Lakeview Trails North began grading, they sprung up there as well. "What's with all the short black fences?" I asked.

Those are silt fences, I was informed; and they are the latest greatest governmental requirement for developers to keep the dust down. I laughed. "That'll never work!" The Mister agreed with me; if there's a little bit of wind, they are way too short, and if there is a lot of wind, it wouldn't matter how tall they are.

So today I was out in the wind, and next to the grading going on at Lakeview Trails North. I didn't see much dust. Is it possible those contraptions actually work?

Nope; the most effective method for dust prevention? Water trucks.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home