The Front Porch

Promoting some old-fashioned hospitality and neighborly banter in Morrison Ranch

Thursday, June 22, 2006

Word From The Woods

Just a quick hello from Ditch Camp; it's our last day here and I'm just getting around to posting. It took The Mister a few days to figure out the satellite dish, but that he did, and so we can check email and sports scores - you know, the important things.


The Mister is actually able to do a little work, which keeps him from having to go into town to make phone calls or do email business.

The other major improvement to our camping experience has been an upgrade to the shower. Notice the hot water heater, propane powered, behind the shower. The Mister installed a filter, and pumps the water up from the creek, so nobody has to haul it in buckets like we used to do. The water pressure is pretty good, too.


The towel hanging over the side says, "Ditch Camp 2006 Year of the Shower." We always have a Ditch Camp souvenir and this seemed appropriate.

I was going to post more pictures, and tell more stories, but it's taking me too long; first, I couldn't even sign in to blogger because I couldn't remember my password and I'm using The Mister's computer (so you'll note I'm signed in as him as well). Second, even though this is broadband, it isn't quite as fast as at home; and third, it's time for me to go direct lunch preparations. This is where I spend a lot of my time:


We'll be back to posting on Monday; see you then.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home