The Front Porch

Promoting some old-fashioned hospitality and neighborly banter in Morrison Ranch

Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Say What?!

I received an email this week saying that the writer had heard that an AJ's will be going into the Albertson's when it closes, and how soon might that be? Don't we wish! As I replied to him, the rumors are much more plentiful than the actual information that Albertson's is handing out, so let me state plainly: AJ's Fine Foods is NOT going in to Lakeview Village. We don't yet know what will happen after Albertson's closes.

I went to Albertson's yesterday to take advantage of the half-off prices (The First Cousin's mother and I agree that the 50% hook is slightly misleading since the only thing I could find that was 50% off are the greeting cards, but there are still savings to be had) and as I was checking out, I casually asked the checker if there was a date certain for closing. He shook his head and said, politely but briefly, "No."

"Do you get asked that about seven thousand times a day?" I asked.

"Forty million times a day, " he replied with a smile.

So even the employees don't know the details. We are the leaseholders, and we don't know the details. I'll bet that your neighbor doesn't know the details, unless he or she is an Albertson's executive, and they aren't talking.

No details.

No AJ's.

Just waiting.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home