The Front Porch

Promoting some old-fashioned hospitality and neighborly banter in Morrison Ranch

Monday, July 10, 2006

Highland Park Elementary School


When The Mister was up taking pictures last week, he snapped this shot of the new elementary school located right next to Higley Groves. It doesn't have all of its landscaping in yet, but it is ready to open this fall. Formerly known as Elementary No. 27, it is obviously within walking distance of Higley Groves. It is also the elementary for Highland Groves residents, though I doubt that walking is an option for those kids.

I know that no student wants to hear me talk about school starting up while it's still the middle of summer; but for those parents who might be interested, school this year starts August 9th in Gilbert (yes, I know that's a Wednesday). My kids have officially completed all their K-12 education, so this calendar doesn't affect me much this year, for the first time; but as a football mom, I can't help but wonder about the grueling 2-a-day practices in 110 degrees, right before school starts, not to mention that football camps will all have to be in July, cutting short the summer anyway. I guess that's the price to play football.

And if you're wondering, yes, I will be attending some high school football games this fall; I can't break the addiction that quickly.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home