The Front Porch

Promoting some old-fashioned hospitality and neighborly banter in Morrison Ranch

Monday, January 23, 2006

Highland Groves Lakes Near

The Mister and I are back to the balmy temperatures of Morrison Ranch, and I came home to some pictures of the Highland Groves Lakes progress. The Water Expert sent me this picture of the lake showing the pencil steel which is a fancy word for rebar. The gunnite is supposed to be poured tomorrow, and then the water should go in sometime next week.



Here's another view; the pipe in the bottom of the lake is the first of many to go in as fish homes. I had read about some lakes that put Christmas trees in the bottom of their lakes for fish habitats, but The Water Expert said he was hesitant to do that because the needles and branches get caught in the filters. So we will stick with used concrete pipes for now:



The lights in the background are the stadium lights from Highland High School.

I'll be watching for the first signs of water and I'll pass it on to you.

1 Comments:

At 3:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh my, yes, you are absolutely correct! I should have mentioned that there will be many many more pipes. I'll try to get an updated picture before they put the water in.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home