The Front Porch

Promoting some old-fashioned hospitality and neighborly banter in Morrison Ranch

Friday, January 20, 2006

Nearer Narnia than Arizona

The Mister and I woke up to about 8 inches of snow this morning, and I couldn't help but think of Narnia in the movie The Lion, The Witch, and the Wardrobe when I saw this lamp post:




And The Mister was able to get a postcard picture of the castle. The founder of Colorado Springs, General Palmer, built this castle for his wife in the late 1800's. It is now a conference center for an organization called The Navigators.





We desert rats have enjoyed the scenery even though our toes have been frozen pretty much the entire time. It would be difficult to replicate these tree-lined streets into an Arizona community, but we work within our environment, and I think it's turned out well. Plus, I can't remember the last time my toes were cold in Morrison Ranch.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home