The Front Porch

Promoting some old-fashioned hospitality and neighborly banter in Morrison Ranch

Monday, November 27, 2006

Happy Days

I hope that your holiday weekend was as pleasant as mine; the most pleasant part, of course, is being with my kids (minus one). We had great times with extended family, feasting and chatting. We put up our Christmas decorations -early for me - and we laughed quite a lot.

I celebrate my birthday over Thanksgiving every year, and this year my sister encouraged my celebrating by hiring a company that puts up lawn signs in the middle of the night. So on my special day, I woke up to this:




My neighbor was a little puzzled; he thought perhaps it was for my son's sake. Nope, it means that I am the star of the show and I'm watching football! And I did. I think I got even more full of football watching (probably because I did a poor job of picking the winners) than turkey.

I hope your time was just what you were hoping for, as well.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home