The Front Porch

Promoting some old-fashioned hospitality and neighborly banter in Morrison Ranch

Friday, November 17, 2006

Pecan Festival 2006

The Mister and I were very sorry to have missed this year's Pecan Festival. But I got a few pictures from a couple different places, and good reports, so I'll share what I know.

The MC was a neighbor of mine, Jim Hurley:



The Mad Science booth was one of the kids' favorites this year:


There were, of course, several sponsors, and booths offering treats and things. In The Raw and My Girlfriend's Kitchen were just a couple:














The sack race and the Tug O'War were well attended...





What's a day in the park without popcorn and sno-cones and clowns?


















It looks like the Bike Parade had a Monster Bike entry:




Of course, the Bouncy Toys are always a hit with the youngest generation. Here's a wider view:




I've made some of the pictures smaller to fit, but you can click on them to enlarge. I'm very grateful for all the hard work that the volunteers and the businesses did to pull the event off. The work is not unnoticed.

1 Comments:

At 8:59 AM, Blogger Axiológico said...

very nice

www.axiologico.blogspot.com

 

Post a Comment

<< Home