The Front Porch

Promoting some old-fashioned hospitality and neighborly banter in Morrison Ranch

Monday, May 15, 2006

And They Lived Happily Ever After...

So the toast from one of the maids of honor went; and I think they will. My photographer is going to send me a couple of digital pictures to post, but while its still fresh in my thoughts, I'll share some photos a friend took. The Mister did not cry as he walked her down the aisle (much to everyone's surprise!) but there were plenty of misty moments of joy for all the parents. My friend took this picture with the tanks to the side on purpose:



The tent was like a fairy tale come true (remember to click on the picture for a larger look); from the fountain to the lit palm trees to the lights of town center reflected in the lake, the scene was gorgeous from every direction. The moon was full and low and bright and, might I say, very romantic.



All of my kids love to dance - from birth up, I think. One of the values we have tried to pass on to our children is that you can have a whole lot of fun without getting drunk; we think dancing is one way of experiencing that. Here are brother and sister cutting a rug:




And The Mister and I enjoyed the music as well. Here is a shot of us and the bride's godparents:



When about 400 of your closest friends and family come to your party, there tends to be plenty of socializing. The bride and groom were planning to do more dancing and less talking, but they loved sharing their joy with everyone:


And now they are off to honeymoon, and we try to return to somewhat normal. We will re-live the evening many times (I didn't know the parents did that; I thought that was reserved for Prince Charming and his Princess, but there is something very gratifying about seeing your children so very happy); we will clean up the aftermath with pleasure, and I will post more pictures of the event in the future.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home