The Front Porch

Promoting some old-fashioned hospitality and neighborly banter in Morrison Ranch

Monday, February 27, 2006

How About Them Lakes?

I said I wasn't going to post about the Lakes at Highland Groves until there was actually water in them, but I learned a new piece of information about the delay, so thought I'd pass it on.

Apparently there is a problem with the electrical connection running from one lake to the other. Speaking as a non-engineer/electrician or one who understands these things, it sounded like this to me: Lots of electrical juice is needed to run the pumps and so the big fat wire required to carry that juice was too fat to be connected on one end so the workaround is to divide the electrical juice in half, and once that is completed and inspected and the lights on the fountains are tested, the filling will begin. Or something like that. If you want the technical explanation, you'll have to ask The Water Expert.

I grew up in Wyoming, where there are lots of lakes and rivers. When I came to Arizona I was surprised by all the dry river beds, duly noted by road signs at the bridges, but unlike any river I'd seen. The Mister's explanation was that the river beds were so beautiful they didn't like to cover them up with water.

I think he joins me in anticipation of these lakes being covered up by water, no matter how beautiful they may be empty.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home