The Front Porch

Promoting some old-fashioned hospitality and neighborly banter in Morrison Ranch

Monday, February 20, 2006

Moderation is Key

I saw this article on Friday, and then my Girl Scout cookie distributors emailed it to me; it starts off like this:


Girl Scout Troop 1914 stood in a warehouse Thursday morning to deliver an important announcement to the state: The cookies are coming.

Three million boxes of Samoas, Thin Mints, Do-si-dos and other cookies will be delivered as soon as this weekend to Arizona residents who clearly love their sweets.

Troops in the Arizona Cactus-Pine Council distribute the third-greatest number of boxes of cookies in the country.

Only the Washington, D.C., area and Atlanta order more.

Well, I try to do my part; you don't have to eat them all at once, you know. You can freeze them; and my daughters don't mind me buying them and sharing. I'm hoping that the reason I got the email is because my order is enroute; it only has to come from three houses away, after all.

My personal favorite? Tagalongs.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home