The Front Porch

Promoting some old-fashioned hospitality and neighborly banter in Morrison Ranch

Friday, February 25, 2005

Whither Goes the Fountain?


Fountain at the Lake Posted by Hello
I was asked a couple of days ago what hours the fountain is on these days, so I passed on the question to our Water Expert. He said he's been running it from 7:30 to 9 am during the week and all day on the weekends. Of course, just like the reservoirs are filling up, so is the lake, and it's the most full it's ever been. This means that the fountain nozzle is under water at the moment, so he hasn't been running it at all until the lake recedes a bit. He is asking for suggestions on times to run it. How often and for how long and what times of day or night would you like to see it (given that it can't be 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, of course)? You can comment at the end of this post (click on "x comments" and leave your suggestion) or you can email with your views (click on "Email me!" at the right side of the page). I'll pass them on to the water expert, and let him decide what folks might enjoy.

2 Comments:

At 10:20 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

My kids and I love seeing the fountain running every morning on the way to school. We wish that it was also running for the drive home after school. My vote for times would be 7:30am-8:30am and 3:00pm-4:00pm

 
At 5:08 PM, Blogger azmutt said...

I haven't moved into the neighborhood yet, so I don't know if the fountain is lit up at night - if so, it'd be ideal to have it running in the evenings after sundown too. Otherwise, I'd say 7:30-9:00 a.m. and 4:00-6:00 p.m. on weekdays (for kids to see after school and commuters to realize they are finally getting home).

 

Post a Comment

<< Home