The Front Porch

Promoting some old-fashioned hospitality and neighborly banter in Morrison Ranch

Tuesday, December 15, 2009

The Future Farmers of American - suburban addition


I and both my brothers were very involved in the FFA in high school. All of us have had some level of involvement with production agriculture. I farmed cotton and alfalfa for ten years. Yet even I would say I benefited more from the leadership training I received than the agricultural knowledge. It is a great organization for kids, teaching public speaking, and requiring teamwork in most project, to name just two benefits.

And, the FFA has morphed to adapt to the changing opportunities in American. Few members of the FFA will even have a change to be farmers. But they can be in business in many areas that involve agriculture in some way. The contests now held reflect that. And the teamwork skills keep getting developed.

Our local chapters just completed a contest. Read here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home