The Front Porch

Promoting some old-fashioned hospitality and neighborly banter in Morrison Ranch

Friday, June 22, 2007

Tradition in the Woods


Bias For Action found some old family pictures and gave me digital access, and I look forward to sharing a few with you here and there. The shot above is of his parents enjoying the pleasures of camping; we think the child in the playpen is the oldest brother. I bring this up now because we are about to embark on this generation's version of Ditch Camp; I've explained the origins here, and shared some recent year's stories here, and we continue to make more with each year.

Once again, The Mister is bringing a dish that should let us post a time or two, but if I find myself buried in a Scrabble game or cards or more likely, elbow-deep in potato peels, I might not find time to open the computer. We'll be gone for the entire next week, and only The First Cousin will be there to cheer on the Grand Opening of Bashas on the 30th; but she's very good at cheering on, so please join her and the rest of the shopping center tenants.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home