The Front Porch

Promoting some old-fashioned hospitality and neighborly banter in Morrison Ranch

Sunday, March 04, 2007

Back in The Rocker

You may have noticed that my chair on The Front Porch has been mostly empty the past few weeks. The Mister has been around to greet the visitors, but I have been engaged in one of the greatest privileges of community: pretty much daily visiting the front porch of a longtime (30 years, and I'm not that old!) friend as she finished up her battle with cancer, and then moving on to some involvement in her memorial service. The service was held on Saturday, and the 1,000 or so folks that were there were well-fed and heartily hugged. As a person of faith, sending my father-in-law and my dear friend - also folks who were intimately acquainted with God - off to the eternal chapters of their lives doesn't bother me; but the holes that remain due to their absence will take some getting used to.

I should be able to get back in the rocker on The Front Porch this week, though, and catch up on the Morrison Ranch goings-on. When I get the scoop, I'll pass it on.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home