The Front Porch

Promoting some old-fashioned hospitality and neighborly banter in Morrison Ranch

Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Highland Groves Parkway Progress

The Mister and I returned from the mountains this morning, and as we drove back from Williams Gateway, we turned in at Highland Groves for a brief look at the landscaping. Frankly, I was a little disappointed, thinking that the lush green sod would greet me. But once The Mister explained what I was seeing, I became more excited as well. The gravel along the edges of the parkway means that this is ready to have the turf block laid. I have complained on many occasions about trucks and other vehicles leaving giant ruts in the beautiful parkways. The turf block is actually made to be driven on, and while we still discourage driving on the turf, if it happens, this should prevent the big ruts.


And the white powdery stuff? Amending the soil, of course! I posted about soil amendments here in early May, so you can check out that post if you don't remember. But this means that they are very very close to laying the sod; and when that happens, the green will be instantaneous!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home