The Front Porch

Promoting some old-fashioned hospitality and neighborly banter in Morrison Ranch

Friday, December 23, 2005

Light To No Blogging

That has been the pastcast for the last few days. But I suspect that your attentions have also been turned to other important issues, and there has been light to no reading, as well. At least we all have our priorities straight!

My priority will always be my family; all four of my kids are home and I am loving it all - even the chaos and the late nights. We cook things, wrap presents, go shopping, irritate each other, watch lots of movies, talk about everything and anything, intercede in each other's misunderstandings, reminisce, and laugh a lot. It's a great time.

And being a person that values the spiritual and intangible side of life, I try to remind myself often throughout December about the birth of the Christ child and his journey to manhood and early death. Indeed, my relationship with him is actually my deepest priority, and from this relationship all others emanate. I wish I lived better, in his honor; but the irony remains that my failings, acknowledged, actually bond our relationship.

And that's it in a nutshell. My family and faith are the underpinnings for this entire commercialized, chaotic, wearying, overeating time of year, and that is why I love it. Even the commercialized, chaotic, wearying, overeating parts.

Merry Christmas!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home