The Front Porch

Promoting some old-fashioned hospitality and neighborly banter in Morrison Ranch

Wednesday, November 02, 2005

Wallpaper Complete, Office Paper in Transition

After a few fits and starts (not ordering enough rolls, and the loss of power and therefore light for the hanging work), the wallpapering of the office is complete. As happens with any remodeling project, the finished product nudges us toward some painting of the unpapered walls and a few other small improvements, but overall, it really looks great. (If you're interested in the "before" pictures, go here.) Here are some samples of the new paper. Below is the hallway; it's a little lighter color than before and because the hallway has low ceilings, this has really brightened up the walk back to my office:





Below is my office wall; this is The First Cousin's favorite pattern. It is much lighter than before, as well, and makes for pleasant work surroundings. Of course, I still have my corner office window that can distract with the view, but the walls are now clean and crisp.





Below is the paper in Grandma's bedroom, which has not yet been converted into an office. This room had never had wallpaper on it, so this is a new experience. It is my favorite pattern:



Why would anyone want wallpaper in the service porch, The Mister asked? Because it's there, we replied. Below is the paper we selected for this area; this is the entrance to the Brain Center of the irrigation computer which The Water Expert runs, as well as our server:





And the room that reminds me most of Grandma, the kitchen, has now had the roosters restored. This really does look fabulous, especially with the rooster/chicken figurines on various shelves; it really does hearken back to the original kitchen:





So, you may wonder, now that the paper on the walls is complete, how's it going with the paper in the file drawers?

Slow, steady progress in the accounting area, at least. I have never been a whirlwind of activity; my style is more of the methodical, keep-plugging-away type, until the job is finished. I am hoping to have converted most of my files by Christmas, and then I can help The Mister and Bias For Action in the conversion of their many, many files. The most exciting thing for me has been when I've actually retrieved a document online that I've needed - quickly and efficiently. Conversely, when I've needed a document that is not accessible online, and had to dig it out of the file drawers, it only emphasizes my desire to keep on converting those files. I'll keep plugging away.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home