The Front Porch

Promoting some old-fashioned hospitality and neighborly banter in Morrison Ranch

Tuesday, July 26, 2005

Highland Groves Progress

The Mister and I took a little 4-wheeling trip around Highland Groves to see what we could see; it's one thing to know what's happening on paper, and quite another to see it up close and personal. The first thing we saw are the models for Morrison Homes. I was thinking these are going to be smaller product, but the Mister reminded me that they are in the range of 1800 square feet to 3600 square feet for the 2 stories. They looked roomy to me.





We drove down past the south lake and were prevented from getting up close to the pump station by an open trench, but we were able to get a long distance shot of the pump station.




I know the question you're asking, which is the same one I asked the Mister: Why are the pump stations so colorful? Judging by the various outlandish answers he gave me, he doesn't have a clue, either. The Water Expert is out of town, but he probably has a reason.

We drove past the ramada (imagination required; all I saw was rebar sticking up out of the ground) overlooking the lake, and I think it will be a lovely view. The Mister says that they hope to fill the lake in September some time, because we are really hoping we won't need to use hydrants for irrigation at all.

We know some folks that are hoping to move in to Highland Groves, and I'm looking forward to visiting them there. It's shaping up to be a great-looking community.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home