The Front Porch

Promoting some old-fashioned hospitality and neighborly banter in Morrison Ranch

Monday, November 23, 2009

I'm Glad I Went


Saturday was the second time Basha's put on a farmer's market, and from what I saw, I wasn't the only one that was glad I went. We were a little early and it was chilly; but when I returned later to get some ribs and chicken and roasted corn for lunch, the place was hopping. The First Cousin brought her daughter-in-law and a couple of grandkids:





They blocked off a section of the parking lot and set up booths all along the way. It was sort of like a mini-fair. Even the Basha's employees dressed for the occasion.







There were some kid-sized dragsters there. I think this is a club, and it looked like so much fun. Ironically, right across from the dragsters was a '55 Chevy police car. It had the special paint that changes colors in different light. I tried to get my camera to see what my eye was seeing, but it didn't really work. But it's a cool looking car, anyway:



This is a local farmer selling trees and flowers. I hope that in the future markets we see more of these. I was looking for some local produce and herbs.




Basha's did a spectacular job. I found roasted green chiles and green-corn tamales to go along with the ribs and roasted corn. There were free samples of ice cream; and also for sale hamburgers and hot dogs and chips and salsa and all manner of food that Basha's brought outside; there was a DJ, and folks selling homemade goods. It was festive and neighborly, and I hope they make it a regular occurrence. See you there next time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home