The Front Porch

Promoting some old-fashioned hospitality and neighborly banter in Morrison Ranch

Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Lakes and Lights

I've posted with this headline before; at that time, I was happy with the progress on the Highland Groves lakes and unhappy with the palm lights on the corner of Higley and Elliot. This time I'm sad to say, the headline bodes the frustrating type of news.

Concerning the fountains at the Highland Groves lakes: the parts came in for the south lake fountain, were installed, and immediately blew out again (speaking metaphorically; I don't know what happens technically, just that it doesn't work). The contractor is pulling his hair out, and I do believe that if he misses any, The Water Expert will help him finish the job. The next step is unsure, but we aren't giving up.

And as for the lights on the tanks: delay after delay to get the power going. Bias For Action is working this problem diligently, so I'm sure he'll run it to ground ( that's a little electrical metaphor/pun, I think). The Mister did warn me that even when the tanks get lit, they will go off again for a bit while the power lines that run next to them are buried.

When problems like these come up, it is very tempting to blame and belittle the folks doing (or not doing, as the case may be) the work. And to be honest, we do get aggravated. The end goal, of course, is to finish the job, pay the contractor a timely and appropriate fee, and move on to the next project. Throwing a tantrum usually doesn't do much to advance the cause; being a squeaky wheel is more effective.

I'm thankful that The Water Expert and Bias For Action are squeaking away on these two issues. I'm just saying, if you see no progress, don't blame them.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home