The Front Porch

Promoting some old-fashioned hospitality and neighborly banter in Morrison Ranch

Tuesday, June 21, 2005

Gilbert Happenings

I thought I missed the opening of the new Dog Park, but this article in the AZ Republic is actually talking about the already open dog park at Crossroads. I think that the Crossroads facility will pale in comparison to the new one as far as amenities:

Gilbert is building another dog park just a couple of blocks away that will feature shaded areas and doggie exercise equipment that promotes agility, jumping and climbing.

The park, which is expected to open in the spring of 2006, also will double some days as a training facility for the Gilbert Police Department's K-9 unit.

Residents and other pet lovers have become a permanent part of the new dog park by purchasing monogrammed bricks with the name of their pet, along with a short message.


The bricks are $20, if you're interested.

Though the Mister and I have no pets at the moment, I am quite interested to see how this park turns out. But I guess I'll have to wait until next spring.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home