The Front Porch

Promoting some old-fashioned hospitality and neighborly banter in Morrison Ranch

Saturday, March 12, 2005

Extreme Makeover Finale

Just a reminder that the Extreme Makeover featuring the Gilbert house will be showing tomorrow night at 6 pm on channel 15. It's in two parts, over two hours, so I suspect one hour will be the Medical Center in Tucson and one part will be the Okvath's house in Gilbert. And I suppose the Okvath's neighbors will have people driving by again for a closer look.

2 Comments:

At 9:43 PM, Blogger azmutt said...

If it wasn't for this episode, I wouldn't be moving to Morrison Ranch in September!

I originally tried to drive by (rather unsuccessfully) the makeover home during the week they were here, and ended up driving right past Morrison Ranch and fell in love with the place. I stopped by the US Homes models and found out they were doing a 'lot release' that next day. So I called my husband to get off work early and come see the place. He liked the area, but not the lots that were opening up.

A few days later, my husband and I drove by the extreme makeover home to see the finished product and, on a whim, stopped by the US Homes site just to see how the lot release went - a new lot just opened up that day when someone had to back out of their contract, and we signed.

So I have extreme makeover (my favorite show, by the way) to thank for my new home. Hey, God works in mysterious ways (and so does Ty Pennington....)

...Susan

 
At 7:29 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Susan, what an incredible story! It warmed the cockles of my heart. Thanks for sharing it with us. I'm wondering how your new neighbors might feel about this story, since getting a lot in Higley Estates has been pretty tough. On second thought, I'm not really wondering; maybe you should get to know them a bit before telling how you found your lot, you know, take them some cookies or something...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home