The Front Porch

Promoting some old-fashioned hospitality and neighborly banter in Morrison Ranch

Monday, March 07, 2005

As I Promised, A Reminder

Tomorrow is election day for Gilbert; as this AZ Republic article states, your vote matters:

Tuesday's election in more than a half-dozen cities and towns around the Valley is very much about the future.It's about who will serve as your mayor and council member. It's about who will make the decisions that affect your streets, parks and libraries - your quality of life and safety.

...

With turnouts typically low in municipal elections, the vote you cast will carry a lot of weight in shaping your community's future.

I wish I had an answer for the low turnout; I keep telling the Mister that our town elections need to be timed to coincide with the state elections. He tells me there are other problems with that. Sigh. So I just keep reminding my friends and family to go vote.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home